Mark Wickersham’s 30-year career in politics, business and economic development uniquely qualify him to serve as executive director.
He’s worked as the northeast regional director for the Indiana Economic Development Corporation
, served as a community bank commercial lender and logged 15 years with two different members of Congress—in addition to being a motorcade coordinator/driver for former U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle
Mark represents Huntington County on the Northeast Indiana Local Economic Development Organization (LEDO) Council. He also serves on the Board of Aviation Commissioners for the Huntington Municipal Airport. In addition, he represents the county in activities with the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
and Regional Chamber of Northeast Indiana
Mark holds a history degree from Huntington University
. His wife, Anita, is a CPA and associate professor at Huntington University, having earned her MBA from Ball State University.
Accomplishments during Mark's tenure in Huntington County:
- Clients created nearly 2,200 new jobs
- Clients retained over 8,600 existing jobs
- Investments approaching $400 million
- Redeveloped nearly 2 million square feet—or 94%—of vacant industrial properties
- “Locations to Watch in 2011" - Area Development magazine
- “Top 100 Micropolitan Markets" - Site Selection magazine
- "Top 10 Client Projects in Indiana" - Site Selection magazine 2017