As the commercial center and county seat of Huntington County, the city of Huntington seems like many small Midwestern cities: tree-lined streets flanked by stately Victorian homes and a historic courthouse standing in the center of town.
But for business and industry, Huntington offers a unique combination of advantages:
- Easy access to major Interstates (I-69 and US-24), rail (Norfolk Southern) and air (cargo, airline and private aviation)
- Pro-business city and county governments
- Range of housing options
- Modern and well-ranked schools
- Plentiful retail choices
- Higher education resources at Huntington University and branch campuses of three other colleges
- Lots of recreational opportunities, including a new “Splash Park” water attraction
Development sites with infrastructure and rail access are available.
Mayor Brooks Fetters
Clerk-Treasurer Christi Scher