Mark Wickersham’s 30-year career in politics, business and economic development uniquely qualify him to serve as executive director.
He’s worked as the northeast regional director for the Indiana Economic Development Corporation
, served as a commercial lender for a community-based bank and logged 15 years with two different members of Congress—in addition to being a motorcade coordinator/driver for former U.S. Vice President Dan Quayle
. Mark also worked in the office of advancement for Huntington University's Office of Alumni Relations for nearly 4 years.
In addition, he represents the county in activities with the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership
and Regional Chamber of Northeast Indiana
Accomplishments during Mark's tenure in Huntington County:
- Facilitated 174 client projects creating nearly 3,300 new jobs
- Facilitated client efforts which retained over 13,000 existing jobs
- Investments approaching $750 million
- Redeveloped nearly 2 million square feet—or 94%—of vacant industrial properties
- Earned a spot in Site Selection Magazine's “Top 100 Micropolitans" 7 times. Site Selection